Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Grapa Garage Sale

I got a little behind on my blog, so I'm going to enter a few things that have happened in separate entries...

Garage Sale
Our garage sale was a flop. We figured it was because we are located in an apartment building around a bunch of other apartment buildings, so garage sales are rare in our area -- and we're 3 miles from town. Oh well, it was a good experience! Adam and I had a lot of fun sitting outside our garage playing game after game of Smear, tossing a softball back and forth, and enjoying a few beers while sitting in the sun. We both even got sunburns -- first good ones of the year. I even caked on SPF 50 sunblock! I should be more careful, I guess...

OH! There was one really funny thing that happened! The Ice Cream Truck guy had the police looking for him! It was so strange! He drove by a few times with his little "pop goes the weasel" song playing, and at one point squealed his breaks -- I mean, how fast can an ice cream truck go to get the tires to squeal!!!? Apparently there was a domestic "issue" with his girlfriend on the side of the road, and someone called it in. So the police drove by and asked us if we saw the truck and if he was acting strangely. We told him what we saw and the cop took off. The rest of the day we were waiting for the slow-speed chase -- an ice cream truck with his little song going, and 3 or 4 cop cars with their lights flashing behind asking him to pull over. We had a giggle, with the understanding that the underlying situation wasn't so funny...

No comments: